Faculty/Staff ID Policies
To receive a faculty/staff UGA OneCard, your employment status must be reflected in the Identity Management System. Prior to requesting a UGA OneCard, you should check with your supervisor to be sure all required personnel paperwork has been completed in the hiring process. The UGA OneCard Office cannot create your ID card until your Identity Record has been fully provisioned by Human Resources.
Employee ID Process
NOTICE: The office is currently open for picking up completed online orders only.
OneCard and nametag orders (photos and payments) must be submitted online in advance and your IDs will be available for pickup at the OneCard Office. To reduce lines and wait times, no walk-in orders will be accepted.
Employees requiring a New or Replacement UGA OneCard should complete these steps:
- Purchase your ID online at UGA Marketplace. (If your department is paying for your ID Card, contact your supervisor to get the Chartstring or Speedtype and skip to Step 2.)
- Send an email to email@example.com using your UGA email account (employees without email access should have their supervisor do this)
- Subject Line – “New Employee ID” or “Replacement Employee ID”
- Provide your legal name, your department, and your Marketplace Order number. (For Departmental Charges, include the Chartstring or Speedtype as provided by your supervisor.)
- Attach a recent photo of yourself using these guidelines (see samples below):
- Photo should be passport-style,
- Plain white, light gray, or light-colored background,
- Good lighting, no shadows, no filters, full color,
- Photo should have space above your head and go down to at least the collarbone,
- No hats or sunglasses please.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your OneCard will be ready for printing once we receive your payment information and photo. Please visit our office Monday-Friday between 8:30am-4:30pm, no appointment necessary.
What Services can a Faculty/Staff Member access with the UGA OneCard?
- Ramsey Center Access
- Purchase parking permits
- UGA Library privileges
- Admission to on-campus Athletic events
- Use recreational facilities, such as Legion Pool and Lake Herrick
- UGA Golf Course
- Employment verification
- Ride UGA and Athens Transit Buses
- Treatment at the University Health Center’s Vision, Dental, Pharmacy, Travel, and Massage therapy Clinics
Iris Camera Access
- Purchase of Membership and Access to Ramsey Center for Student Physical Activities
- After hours or secure access to buildings, labs, and other approved facilities
- Employment Verification
- Kaba time clock for many employees
- Your first UGA OneCard costs $30.00. Replacements are $35.00. Acceptable methods of payment are cash, check and credit card. (During Phase 1 & 2, only online payments will be accepted.)
- Student employees are eligible for student IDs, and are therefore ineligible for faculty/staff identification cards.
- Employees need not accompany family members if his/her employment status is in the database and all paperwork has been properly completed and received in the UGA OneCard Office.
- Dependents of Faculty and Staff are NOT eligible for free rides on Athens Transit.