OUtdoor Spaces usage Policy
University Campus-Wide Outdoor Space
Herty Field, President’s Club Garden (behind Old College), New College Lawn, DW Brooks Mall, the Jaworski Amphitheater, Parade Grounds, Royal Square, and Scott Lawn are public outdoor areas which can be be reserved for weddings no more than 1 1/2 years prior to the date of the event. Other types of private functions are not allowed in these areas. A rental fee is due at the time the reservation request is submitted.
REQUESTING A SPACE
Reservation requests are submitted on-line at least 5 business days prior to your meeting or event. Requests submitted after this time period may be denied. If your request is approved, a confirmation will be e-mailed to you. Please remember your reservation is not final and your event location should not be publicized until you have received a confirmation from Campus Reservations, Events & Technical Services.
Users must cancel reservations for facilities they will not use. Users failing to cancel reservations at least 3 business days prior to the event will be responsible for all event charges or a penalty fee.
For your convenience, we accept payment by check or debit/credit card. Failure to pay in a timely manner may result in the cancellation of the reservation. Checks can be made payable to the University of Georgia. Payment is due five business days after receiving your confirmation.
Campus Reservations, Events & Technical Services is not able to provide equipment for the outdoor spaces. All groups should arrange for additional equipment with off-campus rental centers. Regardless of where you get your equipment, please check with the Campus Reservations, Events & Technical Services staff to ensure enough time has been set aside for the delivery and pick up of the equipment.
Please note, dance floors are prohibited due to the damage they do to the lawn.
The use of tents, if handled inappropriately, can be very damaging to our outdoor spaces…both through installation damage as well as through the blockage of sun and water from reaching the turf. The following guidelines are designed to prevent this damage.
- Pole tents are prohibited. If using a tent please tell your vendor to provide a frame tent. Frame tents can be stabilized through the use of short stakes. Water barrels or buckets are not to be used as methods for stabilizing a tent.
- Tents may be set up after 3 pm the day prior to the event and must be removed by 10 am the day after the event. You must ask to reserve the time of pre or post-setting.
- Tents are prohibited on football game days.
FOOD – CATERING
Food is allowed in the outdoor spaces, but the space must be left trash free and undamaged. The guidelines below are designed to protect the grass from heat and hot liquids.
- Cookers and grills are to be set on the gravel paths around the field.
- Hot liquids are to be transported off premises for disposal.
- Clean up after yourselves and your guests. Garbage is to be removed from the premises after the event ends.
Please help us maintain the beauty and safety of our outdoor spaces by following these guidelines. A fee may be charged if cleaning or repair is required.
- Keep all sidewalks free of obstructions and make sure wheelchair ramps are accessible.
- In areas with fountains, please do not put anything in the fountain.
The use of confetti is prohibited on UGA grounds.
Here are some confetti alternatives to use during your event:
- Flower petals: Flower or rose petal confetti is a great alternative to paper or plastic confetti that will make for absolutely gorgeous photos while also keeping our campus clean.
- Plant or birdseeds: Seeds are an eco-friendly option that can either lead to more flowers being planted or provide a snack for local birds.
- Vanishing confetti: You can take the DIY route by creating this vanishing confetti that disappears when it gets wet.
Amplified sound is only allowed in these areas after 9 pm on weekdays and before 11 pm on weekends. Sound reinforcement of live music may not include subwoofers, long throw speakers, woofers larger than 15 inches, or heavy percussion including large drums and heavy bass.
Based on the nature of the event, security (i.e. security guards and/or UGA Police officers) may be required at the expense of the customer. Requests for security should be made through the CRETS office. Any requests made less than 10 business days will be subject to a $100 late fee.
The outdoor spaces do not have bathrooms. It is a good idea to arrange to have a port-a-john(s) on hand. Bathroom trailers are prohibited.
Parking is extremely limited in these areas. Please refer to the campus parking map and advise your guests in advance of their parking options. Questions concerning parking should be directed to Parking Services at 706-542-7275.
Failure to comply with University policies or Federal, State and local law may result in the cancellation of future reservations and/or restriction from the use of academic classrooms. Discrimination in the use of these facilities regarding disability, race, religion, nationality or sexual orientation is prohibited.