Student organizations who receive an allocation of student activity fees should refer to the guidelines concerning the use of these fees. Allocated organizations cannot make contributions to charitable organizations using student fees. Only under the following circumstances may an allocated organization participate in a fund raising event.
1. A request to hold a fund raising event must be submitted through and approved by the Director of Office of the Dean of Students.
2. All money raised through a fund raising event must be deposited with the Tate Student Center Business Office and budgeted accordingly.
3. Admission Charges - If the fund raising event will charge an admission Tate Business Services must print and sell all tickets to the event. The coordinator of the event must consult with a representative of Tate Business Services to schedule the appropriate ticket sales information. Tate Business Services will sell tickets at the Tate Student Center Cashierís Window and at the door on the day of the event. Any charges for this service must be paid from ticket revenue. All applicable state sales taxes must be paid on ticket sales. All receipts from ticket sales will be deposited with Tate Business Services. Revenue from ticket sales should be sufficient to cover all expenses. Once expenses have been paid any profit from the event may be donated to a non-profit charity.
4. Donations Collected at the Event - If a fund raising event will not require an admission charge but will ask for donations or contributions the procedures for accepting donations should also be coordinated with the Business Office in advance. Admission is free and open to anyone who wishes to attend and a donation cannot be a requirement for entry. Two members of the organization should collect and verify the donations, which should then be deposited with Tate Business Services. Expenses associated with the event may be charged to the organizationís account. All donations may be given to a non-profit charity via normal University procedures.
5. Other Fund Raising Projects - Any and all proceeds from other fund raising projects or events (bake sales, car washes, entry fees, auctions, etc.) should be deposited with Tate Business Services. Two members of the organization should collect and verify the funds. Expenses associated with the event may be charged to the organizationís account. Proceeds may be given to a non-profit charity via normal University procedures or retained by the organization to supplement their budget.
6. Under no circumstances should donations be handed over to a charitable organization at the time of the event. A Charitable Contribution Request form is available in Tate Business Services. It must be completed, signed, and attached to a check request, payable to the charitable organization. See procedures for submitting a check request.